[Wylug-discuss] Great Meet On Monday

Tom Hall thattommyhall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 20:52:41 BST 2007

Though I expect no less now to be honest.
Nice to see a few new faces, and as always the chat was varied and stimulating.

I spoke to a few people about Software Transactional Memory because I
became excited recently after stumbling across
http://www.blip.tv/file/317758/
and I am not alone from blog posts I have been reading lately.
As ever, wikipedia is excellent on the topic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_transactional_memory

Hope the BBC protesters had fun in Manchester and were not the only
ones doing it.

The food was nice, as was the beer and I must say I prefer the place
now its smoke free (though I am sympathetic to the fag addicts out in
the rain)

Thank you all, See you soon

Tom