[Wylug-discuss] BBC On-Demand Consultation

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Thu Feb 1 09:55:03 GMT 2007

On 01 Feb 07, Will Newton (will at misconception.org.uk) wrote:
> The main proposal document states that Windows Media Player 10 is the only
> solution that provides the necessary DRM to allow the other features
> discussed (e.g. expiry of shows after 13 days etc.) to be implemented. I
> don't know of any open media format that can provide the DRM they want. If
> the plan goes forward it will use Windows Media Player 10.

Signed, thanks all. Told them that we don't want DRM and that the programs
should be viewable on any computer (using the way you can view broadcast TV on
any company's TV as an analogy). Managed to keep it reasonsed too.

Here's hoping they actually use the consultation and its not a CYA "well we
asked people" exercise.

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li
"Don't be silly, Minnie. Who'd be walking round these cliffs with a gas oven?"