[Wylug-discuss] BBC On-Demand Consultation

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 13:14:44 GMT 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Dave Fisher wrote:

> And it looks as if they have accepted the argument for DRM, because they
> believe that the BBC owes its primary duty to its commercial competitors and
> to its (publicly subsidised) private suppliers, rather than to the licence
> payer!

That's definitely the side of all this that I find rather strange.  I find it
strange that they're so concerned about effectively competing with other
companies.  If they don't want to compete then they shouldn't exist.

jh

--
"We should burn all libraries and allow to remain only that which everybody
  knows by heart.  A beautiful age of legend would then begin."