[Wylug-discuss] Linux in Schools: a tiny victory in Hull?

Mike Goodman mike.goodman at zen.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 13:17:58 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 12:21 +0000, Dave Fisher wrote:
> See
>   http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/02/web_os_filter/
>
> Perhaps, like plucky little Britain in 1940, we need to celebrate such
> victories, however small and seemingly trivial.
>
> Following the logic that 'we are all in it together', I probably
> shouldn't mention the fact that the suppliers are southerners ;-)

Oi! I resemble that remark :-)

This region is not totally brainwashed, then. I have to say I was very
pleasantly surprised at the warm response I got from the RDA ICT folk
earlier this week. There is mileage available, if we can capitalise. My
invitation for further discussions stands. Only Shaun Laughey has
responded positively so far.

I've had to miss the last few meetings but will be doing my darndest to
get to the next one (Feb). Depending upon further feedback, I could try
and get there early or perhaps we could grab a table in 't pub
afterwards?

Best regards,

Mike