[Wylug-discuss] PDA's in schools

ALLEN, David David.ALLEN at eur.crowncork.com
Wed Jan 10 09:36:29 GMT 2007

Hi,

I don't know if anyone saw the 10-o-clock news article last night about
giving PDA's to school kids in the Midlands? It is due to get Government
approval and is being looked at "with interest" by lots of other schools
and even other countries. This project is being run by a friend of a
friend of mine so I can give you some background info.

The guy running the project is a ex-head teacher and had no experience
of computers/systems, so the first thing he did was go straight to
Microsoft. No other technology was even looked at. Microsoft naturally
jumped at the opportunity of selling 10,000's of PDA's to British school
kids and gave him lots of free kit, trips to the states etc.

So, the future of computers in schools in the UK could well be stitched
up by an ex headmaster who used to struggle to turn on his
computer......

David

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE =0A=
The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the confidenti=
al use of the above named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient o=
r person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you have r=
eceived this communication in error and must not distribute or copy it. Plea=
se accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately by return e-=
mail and delete this communication. Thank you.