[Wylug-discuss] PDA's in schools

Seb James seb at esfnet.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 15:35:14 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 00:40 +0000, Rob Hall wrote:

> Given that our Senior Management Team don't even flinch over the
> resubscription to our M$ volume licensing and that it seems to offer pretty
> good value for money in terms of support, material, training and usability,
> enterprise Linux has got a long, long way to come in the UK education market.

Hi Rob,

Axiom Tech is based in Manchester, with offices across the North West.
Axiom provides support for open source based applications to schools and
educational institutions. I'm personally involved with an Axiom contract
with a school in Lincolnshire which has CMS, webmail and soon, file
access running on a Linux server.

There are companies out there supporting Linux systems, but we are small
players and we are developing the market by delivering solutions where
open source has real identifiable advantages.

best regards,

Seb James