[Wylug-discuss] PDA's in schools

ALLEN, David David.ALLEN at eur.crowncork.com
Fri Jan 12 13:13:30 GMT 2007

>I didn't see the news item in question and haven't noticed it reported
in the press but I    presume that this is not presented as a proper
"Teaching and Learning" initiative but rather as yet another proposal to
provide pupils with a personal "PC" for notetaking, homework and data
transport.

I am pleased my email has raised such interest! The project has been
described as a "pilot scheme", see
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6247853.stm

Notwithstanding all the other comments made which I agree with, what
anoys me the most was how the project was railroaded using Microsoft
software, with no other technology considered. Maybe Gbdirect should
give them a ring?

David

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE =0A=
The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the confidenti=
al use of the above named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient o=
r person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you have r=
eceived this communication in error and must not distribute or copy it. Plea=
se accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately by return e-=
mail and delete this communication. Thank you.