[Wylug-discuss] PDA's in schools

ALLEN, David David.ALLEN at eur.crowncork.com
Fri Jan 12 15:56:27 GMT 2007

>Most of the things they appear to have done with them are generic tasks, ap=
art
>from some things produced for them through microsoft and three other partne=
rs.
>At least one of them (espresso) appear to be OSS users, and some of the too=
ls
>used (like flash) would work just merrily on a Nokia linux based device.

That is the point I was trying to make; everything COULD have been done with=
linux based device! However, I believe, big M provided the kit, software, me=
etings in the states
etc etc to continue the lockin and to sell more kit in the future. When the=
 kids grow up, they will only
have experience of one computer supplier and so will continue the trend.

I wonder if the $100 Wind up laptop would be suitable for the task?

David

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE =0A=
The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the confidenti=
al use of the above named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient o=
r person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you have r=
eceived this communication in error and must not distribute or copy it. Plea=
se accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately by return e-=
mail and delete this communication. Thank you.