[Wylug-discuss] "Microsoft Office 'not the only way for schools' "

Jeremy M. Harmer jeremy at webiosis.net
Wed Jan 17 10:20:47 GMT 2007

Silicon has a story today listing 'six credible alternatives to
Microsoft Office', listing OpenOffice as one:
http://software.silicon.com/applications/0,39024653,39165225,00.htm

I am interested in MS's reply - "Teachers are pushing Office 2003 hard"
- I know they do not push it hard at our kids primary school... ok
perhaps not what MS meant but I wonder just how 'hard' Office is pushed
in any school.

My kids told their teachers about Linux and Open Office and received a
blank reply - possibly because at 7 and 8 years old no-one expected the
question from them.

Does anyone actually have a feel for this from their own schools?

Jeremy.