[Wylug-discuss] 'Pathetic' FLOSS Advocacy - Put it to the test?

shaun laughey shaun at laughey.com
Thu Jan 25 17:27:43 GMT 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 17:07, Mike Goodman wrote:
> , wearing my FSB (Federation of Small Businesses) hat, I have been
> asked to sit on the committee of the Yorkshire & Humber Assembly,
> responsible for advising how best grant funding to businesses for ICT
> should be prioritised, among other policy matters. I would appreciate
> the opportunity to discuss this with any interested WYLUG participants.
> Most of our membership don't have the expertise and as I am, as with
> everything I undertake, intending to keep the OS sword drawn during my
> participation, any help I can get in formulating the arguments for
> keeping large vested interests from taking over at each and every
> opportunity will be very much appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mike

Nice,

Count me in on any advice/recommendations you need Mike.

I'm helping large broadcasters move into the world of the free and it would be
nice to help the little companies too.

Server hosting, backup and DR would be the ones I'd be interested in helping
with as so many companies are crippled by the loss of a server or a website
or email when it could be a matter of pounds to get a cheap DR setup.

Shaun Laughey.