[Wylug-discuss] Name Server Recommendations?

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 12:26:49 BST 2007

Hi All,

I'm planning to overhall my home network over the next few months.

One of my motivations for doing so, is to catch-up on all the new and
evolved applications that I've been too busy to track over the last few
years.

I'm thinking of starting with the nameserver.

Do people still consider Bind to be the best option for a fully-featured
nameserver?

Are there any worthwhile options for something lighter and simpler to
manage?

I'm particularly keen on finding something that can be kept reasonably
secure with very little effort.

Dave