[Wylug-discuss] System Crash

Roy Mac roymac.2 at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 7 00:55:46 BST 2007

On Fedora Core/redhat, I have found that
 /var/log/messages
 /var/log/messages.1
 /var/log/messages.2
 .
 .
 .
to be quite useful in resolving problems.  For example, I had a disk drive
acting up.  The SMART on the drive reported this to smartd which in turn,
logged the errors within the /var/log/messages file.  Some kernel panics get
logged.

Given the information provided, I would go examine these files for events
that occurred prior to you noticing this problem.

roymac