[Wylug-discuss] Favourite FOSS apps and tools?

Chris Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 19:58:42 BST 2007

On 21/06/07, Louisa Parry <louisa at louisaparry.co.uk> quoth:

> So then - which FOSS applications/tools do you enjoy using and why?
> what's been your best find?  what can't you live without?

Hmmm, a top 5 it must be.

1. Joomla - For forking when they saw the danger and for being simply the
best CMS around
2. Apache - Would Linux be where it is without the world's favourite web
server?
3. Wordpress - Thank goodness for blogging software that's a cinch to use
4. Mplayer - If this app were a biscuit, it would be a hob-nob as it can
take anything that's thrown at it (with apologies to Peter Kay)
5. Gnump3d - Now I can listen to my entire music collection anywhere

Bonus point for Emacs because vi sucks so hard its in a constant state of
sucking itself through itself, out the rear and then repeating the process.

Cheers!
Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com