[Wylug-discuss] Favourite FOSS apps and tools?

Roger roger.bea at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 02:13:03 BST 2007

Louisa Parry wrote:
>     So then - which FOSS applications/tools do you enjoy using and why?
>     what's been your best find?  what can't you live without?

Firefox
Thunderbird
Apache
PHP
Bluefish
Gimp
OpenOffice

Oh, and putty

Notable that except for Bluefish (and putty.exe of course, to go in the
opposite direction) my top apps are cross platform, so that when I'm
forced to use 'doze, I can still use the FOSS tool...

My only real regret is about font-handling under X.  It's probably me,
but despite following all the instructions I can find, installing a new
font in X is problematic, whereas under 'doze, if a font is installed,
it's available to every app...

Good networking,

Roger