[Wylug-discuss] CRT's

Nick Moulsdale nick at ebi.ndo.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 10:06:02 BST 2007

At last a spot of sanity!! (email reproduced below)

_Look I'm offering Free CRT's._ NOT a social or political statement!!

If everyone in UK drove a 4 x 4 and used a CRT it would not equate to the 2
coal fired power stations (a week) being built and used in China, or the 10
x UK carbon footprint of our US friends, never mind the enormous amount of
energy wasted waging war.

If you don't want one, fair do's. If you want one they are free if you
collect.

I know if I was offered a free 19" or 22" screen and I had the space for it,
I'd be thrilled.

I have friends who can only afford 14" CRT's.

TFT's are already failing and they DO consume energy, just put you hand on
the top of one.

We got ours for space reasons, not for green reasons.

Put it into perspective, the 22" uses about the same energy as a 60W bulb.
Compare to your toaster (2000W) or Iron (2000W). What about a heater or A/C
unit?

Best Wishes to you all and if you want a CRT, email me and I'll try and
oblige :~))

Nick

N.G. Moulsdale FCA
Group Finance Director
Ebi Manufacturing Co Ltd
Sandhill House
82 Meanwood Road
Leeds LS7 2RE
United Kingdom
*        44-(0)113-243-2448
Fax      44-(0)113-243-0504
*  Nick at ebi.ndo.co.uk

NOTE: The information contained in this Email is intended for the named recipient(s) only. It may also be privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it. No warranties or assurances are made in relation to the safety and content of this e-mail and any attachments. No liability is accepted for any consequences arising from it.