[Wylug-discuss] Favourite FOSS apps and tools?

Dave Whiteley d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jun 22 13:58:00 BST 2007

On Friday 22 June 2007 10:57, Chris Brown wrote:
> On 22/06/07, John Hodrien <johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> > On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Chris Brown wrote:
> > > Emacs has all this plus a built-in psychotherapist. So there.
> >
> > Am I the only one who just wanted an editor?
>
> So did I. In the early days. That was before the words started talking
> back...

Well,  2d worth,

I have tried hard to persuade undergraduates that (x)emacs is a better editor
for programming than $soft notepad, and in rare cases have succeeded.

I do not think that this would have been possible with vi.

Dave

--

Dave Whiteley
d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Phone +44 (0)113 343 2059
Faculty of Engineering
The University of Leeds. Leeds, LS2 9JT,  UK