[Wylug-discuss] Windows Refund. HP vs DELL.

ALLEN, David David.ALLEN at eur.crowncork.com
Thu Mar 1 10:30:46 GMT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: wylug-discuss-bounces at wylug.org.uk
[mailto:wylug-discuss-bounces at wylug.org.uk] On Behalf Of John Hodrien
Sent: 01 March 2007 10:24
To: wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Wylug-discuss] Windows Refund. HP vs DELL.

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Smylers wrote:

> Sounds like recent campaigning to Dell may be having an effect:
>
>  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/28/dell_linux_computers/
>
> Though Dell says:
>
>  ... we have seen a consistent request to provide platforms that allow

> people to install their operating system of choice
>
> "Consistent request" presumably means "organized assault from a
> minority group".

Dell did offer a linux PC a number of years ago, but withdrew it from
the market because of (they said at the time) lack of demand (and
pressure from microsoft?)

David

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  The information contained in this=0A=
e-mail is intended only for the confidential use of the above=0A=
named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or person=0A=
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you have=0A=
received this communication in error and must not distribute or =0A=
copy it. Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender =0A=
immediately by return e-mail and delete this communication.=0A=
Thank you.