[Wylug-discuss] Suggestion for website

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Tue May 15 17:10:38 BST 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 04:00:37PM +0100, John Leach wrote:
> The planet has no publishing features of it's own, it just pulls in
> content from other blogs.  It would probably include the feed from the
> WYLUG blog too.
>
> The planet really isn't a replacement for the WYLUG website/blog.  Its
> just a cute way for the WYLUG community to keep in touch with each
> other.  It's like a managed feed reader, pre-configured with all the
> WYLUGgers that have blogs and opted to be included.
>
> It's the modern equivalent of a members listing - not only are the
> members listed, their most recent blog entries are included too.

Thanks for the explanation. It's most helpful, although I did eventually
figure it out for myself.

Sounds, like a good idea, within limits.

I asked Chris Brown about filtering (see sub-thread), but another option
that occurs to me now is that we could simply include a highly visible
box on every planet 'page' which explains what it is and its
relationship to the core WYLUG site.

Dave