[Wylug-discuss] Suggestion for website

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Tue May 15 16:01:07 BST 2007

I hope Chris doesn't mind me explaining here, not seen a post from him
yet.

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 12:52 +0100, Dave Fisher wrote:
>   * What a 'planet' actually *is*

It's a blog aggregator.  It takes feeds from other blogs interweaves
them in date order.

>   * What WYLUG might use it for, that the existing wordpress blog can't
>     do?
>
>     http://www.wylug.org.uk/blog/

cool, I didn't know WYLUG had a blog.

The planet has no publishing features of it's own, it just pulls in
content from other blogs.  It would probably include the feed from the
WYLUG blog too.

The planet really isn't a replacement for the WYLUG website/blog.  Its
just a cute way for the WYLUG community to keep in touch with each
other.  It's like a managed feed reader, pre-configured with all the
WYLUGgers that have blogs and opted to be included.

It's the modern equivalent of a members listing - not only are the
members listed, their most recent blog entries are included too.

John.

--
http://johnleach.co.uk