[Wylug-discuss] FLOSS Cross-platform Web-oriented Text Editor For Newbies

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Mon May 28 13:10:16 BST 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 12:51:25PM +0100, Craig Hopkins wrote:
> I don't know if it works in other OSs but have you looked at screem
> (http://www.screem.org/) ? I couldn't see it on your list and I remember
> it to be a quite decent IDE for web-design. I admit I haven't used it in
> a while, though.

Looks pretty definately Linux-only.

Although I imagine that the tarball might be buildable on OS X or
cygwin, I don't think that it would be possible for most of my students.

> As an aside, the new wordpress version of the site looks really good.
> I've always found WP really easy to work with and customisable, so I
> hope you find it does what you want

It can hardly fail, given how modest my ambitions are.

All I really wanted was something with valid HTML (and table-less CSS)
defaults that would enable me to give ordinary WYLUG members an account.

Dave