[Wylug-discuss] FLOSS Cross-platform Web-oriented Text Editor For Newbies

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Tue May 29 15:15:20 BST 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 02:53:27PM +0100, David Holden wrote:
> You could also consider http://tidy.sourceforge.net/
>
> which gives you pretty fine control and I would also think is a good learn
> tool for beginners.

Bad experiences with HTML Tidy's validating accuracy in the past (a long
time ago) have always caused me to look on it with suspicion.

Based on the few test cases I've just run, things seem to have improved,
dramatically ... although the bug list:

  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=390963&group_id=27659&func=browse

suggests that there are still significant problems, notably with
character/entity references.

That said, the formatting control is impressive, and I take your point
about the learning experience for beginners.

Dave