[Wylug-discuss] FLOSS Cross-platform Web-oriented Text Editor For Newbies

Aaron Crane wylug at aaroncrane.co.uk
Tue May 29 18:03:52 BST 2007

Dave Fisher writes:
> As it happens, the 'site which cannot be named'

"Isn't being" rather than "cannot be", I think. ;-)

> provided one of the pages for my tests ... pleasantly transitional, pity
> about the indentation (only kidding)

HTML Tidy's indentation is deliberately disabled (on the grounds that it's
mostly meaningless to the journalists).

> ... oh, and the way that xmllint barfed on ampersands in some embedded
> JavaScript ;-)

Which, as it happens, isn't sent through HTML Tidy at all.  (Though thanks
for pointing that out; now fixed.)

Anyway, I know this isn't really relevant to your original question -- I
just felt I ought to stand up for HTML Tidy.

--
Aaron Crane