[Wylug-discuss] FLOSS Cross-platform Web-oriented Text Editor For Newbies

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Tue May 29 17:10:11 BST 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 04:02:51PM +0100, Aaron Crane wrote:
> While I wouldn't like to assert that HTML Tidy is bug-free, I can say that a
> well-known news site of my (and your) acquaintance has been using HTML Tidy
> with enormous success for the past three years.  The version currently in
> use is dated 2005-10-18; it seems to work well for the purpose it's being
> put to.

Yeah, I'd already guessed that my original impression was very outdated.

As it happens, the 'site which cannot be named' provided one of the pages
for my tests ... pleasantly transitional, pity about the indentation
(only kidding) ... oh, and the way that xmllint barfed on ampersands in
some embedded JavaScript ;-)

Dave