[Wylug-discuss] Data Protection Act

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 11:23:49 GMT 2007

On 21 Nov 2007, at 00:26, Chris Street wrote:
> Darling then reports that the data isn't in the wrong hands

As I understand it the government still has a copy of the data (despite
people saying the data is lost - the use of language on reporting this
issue is unfortunately very flawed), which proves that this data is in
very much the wrong hands.

I am intending to write to my MP about the issue. I am also considering
whether to take the somewhat mischief making step of creating a new
account for payment of child benefit (causing additional work for the
DWP but providing me with a little more future security) and serving
them with a DPA subject access request... see
   http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/ukcrypto/2007-November/082513.html

     Nigel.