[Wylug-discuss] Data Protection Act

Shaun Laughey shaun at laughey.com
Wed Nov 21 11:35:06 GMT 2007

Rob Hall wrote:
> Surely with this latest govt. cock up the Data Protection Commissioner
> needs to be invoked!

The DPC might do something but I've met 2 people who have reported
smaller but similar incidents and both times their attitude was it's
your word against the retailer/manufacturer who told you to burn the
disc and post it to India/export the PC with names and addresses on it
to Africa/leave the sql server backups on an anonymous ftp site for 6
months.

Perhaps their should be a name and shame website - like the medical
world have whistleblowers we could have an IT equivalent.

www.yourdetailswereleftonalaptop.com

Or something.

Shaun.