[Wylug-discuss] List Etiquette: Top Posting vs. Bottom Posting

Lee Evans lee at leeevans.org
Sun Oct 28 18:48:56 GMT 2007

>Mea culpa - must brush up on my RFCs.

Or check the facts before putting them forwards; it seemed pretty obvious
that Roger was talking from experience suggesting that it *is* possible to
download only part of the message, so to dispute that without checking the
facts seems almost a little rude.

>Well, fine - but should I use an inferior way of communicating just
>because someone might be using a bandwidth limited device?

Not at all, but I made and gave my thoughts on this point in my next
paragraph so I'm not sure of the point of your question.

>Nor is it kind on the disk space of multiple recipients.  If trimmed,
>the limit isn't that helpful in any case.

Agreed - although I think the disk space aspect of this (and similarly HTML
vs plain text) argument is a rather more moot point than it was a few years
ago, given the size/availability/price of disks now.

>I know you didn't put attributions to any of them, but mixing up
>replies to multiple posts without making it explicit is a recipe
>for confusion.

Yup, my bad, sorry. I didn't bother as I thought I didn't think it was
necessary in this instance.

Lee