[Wylug-discuss] Re: what is the difference?

Scott Hodgson linux at sh2515.plus.com
Wed Sep 5 22:18:52 BST 2007

Thanks everyone for the input, it is slightly more complex than i
imagined, as i thought X was the window thing and kde etc were just how
you viewed it. oh how mistaken i was!!!  one of the reasons i asked is
the laptop i have is a 256mb p4 1.?ghz and the install process was an
pain with swapping between alternate install and live cd install
(Ubuntu) as it was slow or didn't work.  I also use Macs at work and the
xfce look (from website screenshots) is quite nice so just wondered why
it looked the same in every distro of 'buntu.  I obviously got the wrong
end of the stick, but is it quite easy to change how i view a desktop?
i.e can i change xubuntu to have the typical xfce look.

Will hopefully see you next week Tom - though I maybe slightly late;
dentists after work and they told me they have to replace all my teeth
with usb memory sticks, i will ask for the sandisk titanium 4gb ones as
i am tring for the Goldie look.

Any news on the talk at next weeks meeting.

Scotty