[Wylug-discuss] Open Source attacks.

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:47:06 BST 2008

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 10:33:56 Rob Hall wrote:
> I think that Windows made computers usable by people. Prior to Windows,
> I reckon that the nearest usable thing for the average human being was
> the Amiga. GEM came somewhere near and then along came Windows.

I've no problem with that.  I've no problem in believing that it can be made
secure.  My problem is in accepting that people who neither know nor care
about risks are just let loose.  No attempt is made to educate them -
although I really don't see what can be done there.  There's plenty of info
available, but it needs the user to take the initiative.

I'm not saying that all windows users are monkeys - far from it.  I'm just
saying that those with the monkey-mentality can and do use windows, to the
detriment of more responsible types.

Anne