[Wylug-discuss] Open Source attacks.

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Apr 9 12:38:01 BST 2008

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Aaron Crane wrote:

> So you discount the Macintosh?

I certainly wouldn't.  A Mac Classic seemed to be out of a different age, even
with the piddly monochrome screen.

> The original Mac was released in January 1984, rather before GEM
> (January 1985) or the Amiga (July 1985).  The Amiga Workbench and both
> versions of GEM (PC and Atari ST) were all a very long way behind the
> Mac in terms of usability.

I've a soft spot for Atari TOS.  Yes it was a little more limited, but it was
stable, clean, and simple.

jh

--
"Rest in peace.  The mistake shall not be repeated."
                                   -- Inscription on the cenotaph at Hiroshima