[Wylug-discuss] Sudo

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Mon Apr 14 10:46:45 BST 2008

On 11 Apr 08, Anne Wilson (cannewilson at googlemail.com) wrote:
> While probably true on a desktop box, I can't feel happy with that on a
> laptop, which, to all intents and purposes the EeePC is.  As long as I have
> to give a separate, different password for root access it does mean that any
> intruder has to fight twice as hard and long to do the hidden harm.

I use the debian default
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL

with another line for my user. Only root & myself can sudo any command,
but I need to enter my password.
steve   ALL=(ALL) ALL

Its also possible to restrict users to specific commands, with or
without passwords.

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li
"Don't be silly, Minnie. Who'd be walking round these cliffs with a gas oven?"