[Wylug-discuss] Sudo

Towle, William william.towle at echostar.com
Thu Apr 17 09:17:45 BST 2008

>= Anne Wilson, quoting Jim Jackson:
> >> However you could still get into a shell
> >> at the initrd stage, before the union fs is made, and
> rescue yourself from
> >> there. There is a howto here
> >>
> >> http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:installrescuemode
> >>
> > No, you can't.  As I said, I had tried that.  It wants the
> password too early
> > in the proceedings, and can't get it.

  Presumably if passing XANDROSBOOTDEBUG=y to the kernel
doesn't work for needing sudo but F9 still takes you to
the GrUB menu, then you have the option of passing
"init=/bin/sh" to the kernel at that point instead? (May
need root= and other options, and to mount the second
partition from that shell).

  ...though that's really quite faffy. This sounds
simplest:

> However, I'd just boot puppylinux
> or similar from
> a USB stick, mount the partition and edit the /etc/sudoers
> back again to
> how it should be.

  Wills.