[Wylug-discuss] Sudo

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:50:30 BST 2008

On Tuesday 15 April 2008 07:58:04 Mark Randall wrote:
> I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but it can break some features
> of the eee pc if you change this setting:
>
> http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=1587
>
> I haven't played with this setting myself though, but if I was storing
> sensitive information on my pc I would want it to be password protected!

Sadly, you are correct in pointing this out.  I discovered it last night -
without realising just what had caused it.  You can't even use the F9
recovery system.  You have to install from the recovery DVD.  That part's
done now, but I still have quite a lot to do to get things back to where they
were.

Anne