[Wylug-discuss] RE: [Wylug-announce] WYLUG OpenStreetMap thing - Sunday 24th Feb 2008

Towle, William william.towle at echostar.com
Wed Feb 20 10:06:35 GMT 2008

>= Louisa:
> I picked Becketts because it
> apparently has "free" wireless (we may have to buy drinks for
> the access
> - but I suspect at least a few of us we'll be doing that anyway)

  I intend to revisit the Stick later and see how this
works:

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/news/index.php?Submit=View&SearchNews=int
ernet&CurrentPage=1&PageLength=10&Tag=News&SearchPub=&Desc=&NewsArticleI
d=18691#news-articles

  Contrary to the suggestion on the door sticker there weren't
any leaflets at the bar, but presumably this follows the trial
scheme whereby one requires a "voucher" (chit with a password,
one assumes) from the bar.

  ...and with luck "for an unlimited period" means they've
lifted the trial's 30 minute limit too. Not even the most
'net-addicted geek could drink JDW's coke that fast ;)

W.