[Wylug-discuss] RE: [Wylug-announce] WYLUG OpenStreetMap thing -Sunday 24th Feb 2008

Towle, William william.towle at echostar.com
Thu Feb 21 11:18:00 GMT 2008

> >= Louisa:
> > I picked Becketts because it
> > apparently has "free" wireless (we may have to buy drinks for
> > the access
> > - but I suspect at least a few of us we'll be doing that anyway)
>
>   I intend to revisit the Stick later and see how this
> works:

  ...the provision seems to be through BT OpenZone, based
on what appeared on the "local wireless networks" list that
I hadn't seen before. I didn't get to connect successfully,
however, because while I was assured things "should just
work", any attempt at web access got redirected to a login
page*. On a second visit the network wasn't even available
to compare experience - presumably they'd turned it off
because it wasn't "just work"ing for people.

:(
  W.

* administrator password for first access and direct
external connection thereafter, presumably, and the staff
weren't informed of this?