[Wylug-discuss] WYLUG OpenStreetMap thing-Sunday 24th Feb 2008

Dan Walker wylug at danielwalker.fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 22 12:57:27 GMT 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008 11:00:40 Smylers wrote:
> I have no experience of using wi-fi on Windows, but I've a feeling
> Ubuntu behaves like that if none of the available signals (secured or
> not) are ones it has a record of using before.

For the record, my install of Kubuntu Gutsy doesn't attach to the nearest
unsecured access point without being told. It does remember which ones you've
used before, though.

It's not the same front-end as the Gnome version however, obviously.

Dan

--
(39) No free man shall be seized or imprisoned, or
stripped of his rights or possessions, or outlawed

!DSPAM:47bec6ab11321773330556!