[Wylug-discuss] Mapping meet tomorrow, miniSD -> SD converter or bluetooth dongle needed.

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Sat Feb 23 20:43:30 GMT 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 04:45:00PM +0000, Tom Hall wrote:
> My new phone did not arrive on time, I will be using my old one with
> external GPS.
> TrekBuddy http://linuxtechs.net/kruch/tb/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22
> seems to work OK, trialed it today.
> I need a way to get files off the phone, if anyone has a bluetooth
> dongle or MiniSD -> SD converter card, please bring it along.

I've been having very good results with "Where Am I", a Symbian app for
Nokia N or E series phones.

It can download OSM data and overlay your current position so you can
see if you're in uncharted territory.

It'll also save tracks in GPX format natively.

I won't be able to make it to the mapping thing tomorrow though because
I've messed my knee up this week.

Cheers,

James