[Wylug-discuss] University Posts

Mark P. Conmy mpc at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Sun Feb 24 12:04:40 GMT 2008

I have been asked to advertise these posts that are coming up within the
University of Leeds.

I have absolutely nothing to do with them, so I'm afraid I can't supply
any specific details other than these - I have simply cut and pasted
them. ;-)

Mark

===
Research Assistants (2 posts):
Academic Writing Empowered by Social Online Mediated Environments (Fixed term
until 31 March 2009)

School of Education and School of Computing University of Leeds, UK

Closing date for applications: 22 February 2008

We are looking for two Research Assistants to work on the Academic Writing
Empowered by Social Online Mediated Environments (AWESOME) project.  The
project, funded by the JISC as part of the Users and Innovation programme,
adopts a user-centred methodology, actively engaging users (students,
lecturers, staff developers, and student support) to tailor technology to the
widespread pedagogic challenge of developing expertise in writing undergraduate
and postgraduate dissertations. We propose to design, develop, and evaluate the
AWESOME-Dissertation environment (ADE); a novel social virtual environment to
support dissertation writing based on sound pedagogical models, using authentic
examples, and following Web 2.0 tenets, notably collective intelligence and
active engagement of users in creating and sharing content. The project, which
is led by the University of Leeds, will be conducted by an experienced
interdisciplinary team and will be embedded in institutional practices. Other
partners in the project are Coventry University and Bangor University.

Post 1 - Job ref 317091

Based in the Faculty of Engineering, School of Computing, you will work with
researchers in personalised learning environments and collaborative systems.
Your role will be to coordinate the design and implementation of the core
platform for the AWESOME dissertation tool in close collaboration with the
AWESOME team and the university Web 2.0 emergent technologies group. You will
take an active part in the agile methodology implementation and user trials and
be involved in project dissemination and evaluation.

With a strong degree in Computer Science or a related subject you will have
relevant computer programming experience and experience in Web 2.0 development.

University Grade 6 (£22,332 . £26,666 p.a.) It is likely that an appointment
will not be made above £23,692 p.a. due to funding limitations.

Further information about the School of Computing can be obtained from
<http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/>http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/

Informal enquiries to Dr Vania Dimitrova, tel +44 (0)113 343 1674, email
<mailto:v.dimitrova at leeds.ac.uk>v.dimitrova at leeds.ac.uk, or Dr Lydia Lau, tel
+44 (0)113 343 5454, email <mailto:l.m.s.lau at leeds.ac.uk>l.m.s.lau at leeds.ac.uk,

Post 2 - Job ref 317092

Based in the Faculty of Education, Social Sciences and Law, Institute of
Lifelong Learning, you will be linked to the Lifelong Learning and ICT in
Education research groups and will work with the researchers in academic
literacy and ICT in education to coordinate the content creation, user
involvement, evaluation and dissemination of the AWESOME project.
Contributing to engagement with partners and the wider user community, you will
also take an active part in the agile methodology implementation.

You will have a degree and relevant experience in teaching/supporting academic
writing, working in the UK HE environment and of using technology to support
and develop learning. Knowledge of current practices in academic literacy and
learning development is also required.

University Grade 6 (£22,332 . £26,666 p.a.) It is likely that an appointment
will not be made above £23,692 p.a. due to funding limitations.

Further information about the Lifelong Learning Institute can be found at:
<http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/research/lifelong/>http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/research/lifelong/
and further information about the ICT in Education Research Group at:
<http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/research/ict/>http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/research/ict/

Informal enquiries to Dr Rebecca O.Rourke, tel +44 (0)113 343 3181, email
<mailto:r.k.o.rourke at leeds.ac.uk>r.k.o.rourke at leeds.ac.uk or Dr Aisha Walker,
tel +44 (0)113 343 4633, email
<mailto:s.a.walker at leeds.ac.uk>s.a.walker at leeds.ac.uk

For both posts to apply on line please visit
<http://www.leeds.ac.uk>http://www.leeds.ac.uk and click on .jobs..
Alternatively application packs are available from Anne Prendergast, tel +44
(0)113 343 7393, email
<mailto:a.prendergast at leeds.ac.uk>a.prendergast at leeds.ac.uk

Closing date for applications: 22 February 2008

Interviews will be held on Thursday 6 March 2008

Further information about the vacancies and instructions how to apply are
available from:
<http://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/ShowVacancies.aspx?Category=Research>http://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/ShowVacancies.aspx?Category=Research