[Wylug-discuss] EeePC and Samba

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 15:05:56 GMT 2008

I actually quite like Samba/SMB and use it to connect all my boxes on my
home LAN.  I think it generally simplifies things compared to NFS and
provides proper authentication, rather than the usual NFS IP based auth.
This is of course dependent on your own needs.

And if you mount as CIFS (which Samba supports) you get the proper
uid/gid stuff that you might expect with NFS anyway.  I believe it's
POSIX compliant then (or closer to than SMB at least :).

John.

--
http://johnleach.co.uk