[Wylug-discuss] eeepc show and tell tonight anyone?

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 14:21:26 GMT 2008

On Monday 14 January 2008 14:06, John Leach wrote:
> Anyone who has been playing with these Eeepc thingies want to do a
> little show and tell on them this evening?  Battery life experiences,
> day to day use, interoperability, from what height you've dropped it
> already?
>
> I'm quite interested - sure others would be.
>
> John.

Hi Folks

This is a topic I'd be very interested in as I'm considering buying one for
use on the trains now NatEx have replaced GNER and are offering free WIFI.

Unfortunately, due to family commitments I cannot attend tonight.

If anyone was willing to post a synopsis of any discussions, along with user
experience comments I'd appreciate it.

I've had cursory scans over the technical posts and things don't see as
straight forward as they should be with this piece of kit. Are there any
gochas I should know about if I get one.

As I said above, I plan on using one on the NatEx Leeds<-> Kings X service
over WIFI, using ssh with X forwarding to access my systems at work.  I'll be
doing very little work on the box itself.

Cheers
Gary

--
Gary Stainburn