[Wylug-discuss] eeepc show and tell tonight anyone?

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Mon Jan 14 15:25:31 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 02:06:20PM +0000, John Leach wrote:
> Anyone who has been playing with these Eeepc thingies want to do a
> little show and tell on them this evening?  Battery life experiences,
> day to day use, interoperability, from what height you've dropped it
> already?
>
> I'm quite interested - sure others would be.

I got one on Friday :-)

....not that I've been able to wrestle it from the kids all weekend, so
my experience has been somewhat limited!

The kids spent most of the weekend playing games on it, and the battery
life seemed pretty good.

Interoperability seems good given it's got 3 USB2 ports, wired and
wireless LAN, a VGA port and an SD card slot. It runs Xandros in a
funny sort of single user mode, but since Xandros is Debian-based, it
should be OK to use regular Debian repositories.

It comes with Firefox (complete with Flash plugin out of the box),
Openoffice 2.0, Thunderbird, SMPlayer etc.

I've not dropped it yet, but it's been dragged round the house for two
days by two 4 and 5 year olds and they didn't manage to break it.

I'll have it with me for anyone who want to play.

James