[Wylug-discuss] eeepc show and tell tonight anyone?

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Wed Jan 16 07:41:40 GMT 2008

I just wrote:

> Colin May writes:
>
> > My general experience of GNER wifi ...  Using SSH on the train is a
> > painful exercise ...
>
> I agree.  I have used it successfully when required, but the lag is
> irritating.

To clarify, by "it" I mean SSH over National Express East Coast wi-fi.

The connection is fine for things like synching mail, reading websites
(note "reading" rather than "watching"!), and using web applications.
Though I sometimes turn off image-loading in the browser -- apart from
the speed increase it's interesting to see how well sites degrade to
being imageless.

Smylers