[Wylug-discuss] Eeepc and repos

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:41:38 GMT 2008

On Thursday 17 Jan 2008, Martin Rowe wrote:
> On 17/01/2008, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I have read dire warnings about using debian repos that are not designed
> > for xandros, but I got the impression that some of you debian experts had
> > more/better repos than I have installed.  Care to say which ones you use?
>
> Hi Anne
>
> >From what I've read the main area of conflict is likely to be KDE
>
> applications that have been tweaked by Xandros (plus kernel related
> packages). I have added the standard Debian stable (Etch) repository,
> but used pinning to prevent updates unless I specifically request
> them. The eeeuser.com wiki[1] has details on this. So far I've only
> added/upgraded a few packages and nothing's broken so far!
>
> Regards, Martin
> [1] See http://wiki.eeeuser.com/addingxandrosrepos and
> http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:adddebianfeeds

Thanks Martin.  I'll look at those pages.  I suspect that I have already seen
the first one - I did the  pinning, so I assume that's where I found it.  The
second one sounds really useful.

BTW - I finally finished the shoe-box full of Hi8 tapes last October.  I'll
always be grateful that you helped me get started on that.

Anne