[Wylug-discuss] Eeepc wins converts

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 20 08:49:06 GMT 2008

The EeePC has done in two days what I failed to do in two years.  I had got
two friends onto Mozilla, OpenOffice and Gimp, but could get no further.  I
had just about given up hope of moving them over to linux.  However, I've
been with them for the last two days and had trouble getting my EeePC back to
bring home :-)  They will be ordering their own today.

Already knowing their key software was a big help, as I had always intended.
The ability of OOo to play back existing presentations, even quite complex
ones, without needing to change anything was a big boost.  And I have to
admit that tuxpaint, tuxracer and frozen bubble had more than a little
input :-)

Anne