FW: [Wylug-discuss] Laptop Suggestions

Roger Greenwood rg at nthong.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 19:32:01 BST 2008

On Wednesday 16 July 2008 19:12, you wrote:
> Roger Greenwood wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 July 2008 08:46, ALLEN, David wrote:
> >> I read a while ago how someone claimed back the cost of the Microsoft OS
> >> (XP in this case) by proving he did not install it when first booting up
> >> the machine. The  article I read was about a Dell and it might be worth
> >> trying out of principle.
> >
> > I did wonder about this, and if going for a new one I will certainly ask
>
> Good luck with that - I tried that recently with Dell, and they said no,
> if you didn't want windows you should have bought one of our ubuntu
> laptops. But maybe I didn't phrase the question right.
I'm tempted to push it just to be awkward. How high do you think I could go
with a company like currys or PC world before a manager gives in and gets his
tech guys to wipe a new laptop?  Would they call the police if I made a lot
of noise? The EI1201 is not available with linux, but they do sell some other
models that are.
Trouble is they would probably only knock about £10 off the price!!

--
Heavy, adj.:
	Seduced by the chocolate side of the force.