[Wylug-discuss] Re: [Wylug-announce] WYLUG Social and micro-mapping

Roy Mac roymac.2 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 20 20:52:40 BST 2008

Keep in mind that at 54 degrees north, the GPS satellites are largely towards the southern sky.  There will be times where they are straight overhead or slightly to the northeast and northwest depending on your longitude.  These satellites will never be to the north from this latitude.  Therefore, it will be helpful to avoid blockage from southern sky.  I am not sure how much blockage the human body will add.  It might be good to try some experiments ahead of time to determine how much your body blocks the signals.  These satellites are in 12 hour orbits, so it would be good to try it several times throughout the day as the geometries are constantly changing.

roym