[Wylug-discuss] Trying to use Linux at home

Mark Randall mark at planetrandall.com
Thu Jun 26 09:21:21 BST 2008

> Personally, I would never recommend anyone to go straight
> from Windows to Linux. The learning curve is too steep and
> there are certain applications for which there is no
> adequate Linux equivalent.

I think I would agree. You can use Ubuntu Hardy Heron from within Windows
now, can't you? I haven't tried it though.

I sometimes have to boot into Windows if there is a website which looks like
it has been programmed exclusively for Internet Explorer. It's a shame, but
if I am booking a flight or holiday - I want the cheapest deal!