[Wylug-discuss] Trying to use Linux at home.

Nick Moulsdale moulsdale at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 26 11:06:32 BST 2008

Thank you for the reply, really useful. I'm tempted to try again, but I'd
need to be assured
That I could get the following issues definitely sorted.

1.   System fonts. The Ubuntu fonts were horrible on my 14" LCD screen. Its
such a shame, because if you do not like
Reading stuff on the screen you do not feel inclined to use it.
2.   Installing a decent Email program such as Evolution. Without tearing my
hair out.........
3.	Upgrading the Firefox Beta to Firefox 3 final
4.	Get flash to install easily, no loss of hair.
5.	Is there a better Office Suite than Open Office?
6.    Getting the Linksys Wireless card to work.
7.    Getting Java to work so I can use logmein.
8.	Is there an equivalent to Picasa? I have loads of photos and I like
Picasa which links in with Flickr.
9.	Is there a way to get a desktop sidebar, preferably google gadgets?

I'm not trying to knock Linux, I'm just trying to explain why its not as
widely used as it should be.

Thanks

N.G. Moulsdale FCA
Group Finance  & IT Director
Ebi Manufacturing Co Ltd
Sandhill House
82 Meanwood Road
Leeds LS7 2RE
United Kingdom
*        44-(0)113-243-2448
Fax      44-(0)113-243-0504
*  Nick at ebi.co.uk

NOTE: The information contained in this Email is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. It may also be privileged and confidential. If you are
not an intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action
in reliance upon it. No warranties or assurances are made in relation to the
safety and content of this e-mail and any attachments. No liability is
accepted for any consequences arising from it.

EBI Manufacturing Co Ltd 82 Meanwood Road, Leeds, LS7 2RE, UK
Co No 1447807 VAT GB 613 3570 65