[Wylug-discuss] Trying to use Linux at home.

Mike Goodman mike.goodman at zen.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 12:31:49 BST 2008

Nick Moulsdale wrote:

> Thank you for the reply, really useful. I'm tempted to try again,

Nick. Linux and Open Source are about choices. It sounds very much to me
as though you are having trouble, not with Linux, but with obtaining a
clean installation of Linux. That sounds to be due to a connectivity
problem whilst installing.

You have the choice, before starting, of downloading the full
distribution and burning it onto several CDs or a DVD. That will give a
fuller installation which should sort out the connection, too.

Having done so, run apt-get update, apt-get upgrade and Bingo! Follow
Andy's earlier comments and you are home and dry.

Welcome to the world of Software Wot Works.

but I'd