[Wylug-discuss] Job Opportunity

James O'Hara johara at itrecsolutions.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 11:44:28 GMT 2008

Hello people,

I've currently got a job opportunity based in York for a Microsoft Gold
Partner. On contacting me I will send the full details about who the company
are etc.

Here is the jobspec.....

Linux / Unix Engineer, Linux / Unix Administrator York - Yorkshire

Linux Engineer, Linux Administrator required by market leader. Candidates
must have experience in most of:
Knowledge of Linux (Redhat, Centos, Fedora) and or Unix (solaris) OS Skills.

Knowledge of Apache Web Server.
Knowledge of Java Apps (Tomcat, Jboss, Websphere, Weblogic)
Knowledge of Scripting techniques using Shell & Perl.
Knowledge of TCP/IP - routing, switching (esp VLANS).
Knowledge of Web, DNS, Mail etc.
Experience in a hosting environment.

Any additional skills in any of the following are viewed as being beneficial
but not essential:
Knowledge of three tier platforms.
Knowledge of detailed Firewall change requests.
Knowledge of RDBMS - MYSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2.
Knowledge of applications - XML, Java & Jboss.
Knowledge of Python and Ruby Scripting tools.
Knowledge of Web Server Load balancing and IP failover.
Knowledge of rack mounted Servers, inc Blade systems.

The Linux Engineer will have responsibility for providing second level
support for all Server platforms installed.

Please send CV ASAP with full salary details for immediate response.
Interviews being held this week.

Cheers,

James O'Hara

IT Recuitment Solutions