[Wylug-discuss] Re: Hardy Heron on the EeePC

Martin Rowe dbg400.net at gmail.com
Wed May 14 09:53:59 BST 2008

2008/5/14 Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson at gmail.com>:
> Hello there
>

> >I installed Hardy on my 701 using a USB DVD drive, then tweaked it
> >using the install program mentioned towards the end of
> >http://wiki.eeeuser.com/installing_ubuntu_8.04 - it's written by Dale,
>  >a member of York LUG and the chap behind http://efficientpc.co.uk.
> >That did the trick fine and I've been very pleased with the result.
> >There are a lot more tips & tricks here -
>  >http://wiki.eeeuser.com/getting_ubuntu_8.04_to_work_perfectly - I
> >enabled processor scaling using the instructions and it has helped eke
>  >out battery life.
>
> This is also useful for me but the next question is what about the webcam ?
> So far I haven't seen this working after an installation of something like
> Hardy or Debian Etch.  Can anyone point me at some more info about
>  getting the webcam working ?

It works fine though I had to re-enable it in the BIOS. I don't know
if the Xandros install has a tweak to turn it on and off there and
hence when I put on 8.04 it couldn't access it.

Regards, Martin
--
martin at dbg400.net AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet http://www.dbg400.net /"\
DBG/400 - AS/400 & iSeries Open Source/Free Software utilities \ /